The Sr. Quantity Surveyor (SQS) is part of the shared services team and will be providing all necessary assistance to the construction supervision team with respect to all financial aspects and contractual matters in the project. He will review and take approvals of interim payments, the variations and other financial matters. He will do analysis and evaluation of all claims by the contractor.
- Assist the QS Manager in all matters relating to the financial and contractual aspects of the project.
- Participate, record and assist in the preparation of the minutes of the progress meetings.
- Provide support on all financial and contractual matters throughout the course of the work in the project.
- Participate in all commercial meetings.
- Finalize the Contractors monthly payment certificates.
- Streamline all cost and quantity records.
- Advise the SRE and REs on measurement procedures and calculation of interim and final quantities.
- Participate in recording the details and monitor the day works recording and process.
- Evaluate contractual claims.
- Advise on contractual matters related to financial issues.
- Ensure completeness and validity of all contractual requirements.
- Monitor the contractors resource allocation.
- Preparation of financial statements for monthly report.
- Partake in the auditing of payments to Contractors.
- Ensure the prompt submission and completeness of valuations.
- Check and record measurements of completed work.
- Monitor contracts final cost estimates.
- Review, negotiation and preparation of claim settlements with the Contracts Department of PWA and the Engineer (PMC).
- Participate in the preparation of Final Account with all supporting documentation.
Education, Knowledge, skills and Experience
Industrial Area 15,
Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road,
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates